1) When will ISC 2020 take place and where?
The annual International Student Conference 2020 in “Health and Social Sciences” will take place on March 27th-28th, 2020 at Rīga Stradiņš University (Dzirciema Street 16, Riga, Latvia).
2) Where can I register?
You can register by going to the section “Register” and choosing either active or passive participation in the conference. Registration for participation will begin October 7th, 2019.
3) What is the difference between an active and a passive participant?
An active participant takes part in the conference by presenting his/her own research paper or case report with an oral or poster presentation. The active participant must register and submit their abstract until 17th January, 2020. All active participants receive a certificate for participating with an oral or poster presentation. A passive participant is someone who is not presenting within the conference, but would like to attend the sessions, workshops and tours provided by the conference. All passive participants receive certificates for attending the conference.
4) What are the registration deadlines for active and passive participants?
You may submit your abstract for active participation until January 17th, 2020.
You may register for passive participation anytime including the days of the conference. However, fees may vary. For more information, please visit sub-section Fees.
5) Do I have to pay for participating in the conference?
Active participation for students of Rīga Stradiņš University is free of charge. Passive participation for RSU students is free of charge when registering until March 20th. For non-RSU and international students, the fees for active and passive participation can be found in the sub-section Fees.
6) Can I participate with more than one presentation?
Yes, one active participant can submit an unlimited number of abstracts in all sessions, but only one case report regardless of the topic. Each abstract has to be submitted separately.
7) How should I format my abstract?
Abstract formatting instructions can be found in the sub-section Abstract requirements.
8) What is the maximum number of authors for one abstract?
There may be one first or leading author and an unlimited amount of co-authors.
9) May I submit my abstract in a language other than English?
All abstracts must be submitted in English. Abstracts submitted in other languages will not be considered.
10) May a co-author present my work in case I, the first author, am not available to attend the conference?
Yes, a co-author is allowed to present instead of the first author. However, you must inform the session coordinator about these changes prior to the conference.
11) I am a PhD student. May I participate in your conference?
Only students studying in Bachelor or Master degree programmes may participate. Abstracts submitted by residents will not be accepted.
12) Do you offer grants for funding fees such as accommodation and travel expenses for active participants?
Unfortunately, we do not offer grants for these purposes.
13) Are transportation and accommodation fees covered by the Organising Committee?
No, transportation and accommodation fees are not covered by the Organising Committee.
14) Where can I stay in Riga?
Riga offers a variety of hostels and hotels, so you will be sure to find one for you liking. It is also possible to stay in one of the Rīga Stradiņs Univerity's Student Hostels for the duration of the conference. For information about accommodation, please visit the sub-section Accommodation.
15) Which transport should I take to Rīga Stradiņš University once I’m in Riga?
Riga has a highly developed public transport system, which include trams, trolleybuses and buses. It is also possible to order a taxi, wherever you need to go. For information about travelling in Riga, please visit the sub-section About Riga.
16) Who can I contact in case I have any more questions?
In case you have any questions about the conference, feel free to contact email@example.com. If you have any questions about your session, please contact the session coordinators listed listed here. All contacts can be found in the section: Contact us.